In consideration of being permitted to volunteer with The Ass Menagerie Sanctuary(TAMS) I, the undersigned, voluntarily agree to the following:
- To conduct myself in a courteous and professional manner as a volunteer and representative of TAMS, and I will treat all TAMS directors, volunteers, animals, property, tools and equipment with the highest respect.
- To follow all of TAMS policies, procedures, safety rules and regulations, and abide by all instructions from the staff and / or directors.
- To complete any orientation, training and paperwork related to my volunteer position
- My volunteering services to TAMS are performed on a volunteer basis without compensation of any kind, without medical or WSIB coverage and all of my volunteering services are performed at my own risk.
- I have disclosed any relevant limitations and will advise TAMS if any new ones arise. I will use proper personal protective gear when required.
It is my responsibility to act in such a manner as to be responsible for my own safety while volunteering.
- I fully understand that as a part of my volunteer work for TAMS I will come into contact with animals either by directly handling them, or through assisting in their care and that animals are unpredictable. Further, I understand that working with animals carries a risk of injury, harm or death and that it is possible that I may be bitten, kicked, knocked over, slammed, scratched and/or otherwise injured.
- I fully understand the dangers associated with an old, rural farm property that may result in injury, harm or death to myself or damage to my property. Such as but not limited to; uneven ground and other fall/trip hazards, risks of working in and around old structrures. The drowning risk of a pond. The risk of falling branches. Injury from wild animals and disease carrying insects.
- I acknowledge the risks and dangers inherent in handling animals, working on a rural property with century old structures and in otherwise volunteering with TAMS. I freely assume and fully accept these risks.
- My signature to this volunteer liability release attests to my intent to hold harmless and release from all liability TAMS and its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives and their heirs from all liability in the result of injury, harm, death or property damage resulting from my volunteer duties.
- My signature, whether original, by fax or any other electronic means, is valid as if it were an original signature.
- I agree that TAMS can refuse or terminate my participation in its volunteer program at any time and without notice.
Note: All volunteers under the age of 18 require parental/guardian authorization signature(s).