- The Golden Horseshoe Western Dressage Club (GHWDC) operates shows using the Western Style Dressage Association of Canada (WSDAC) Rules and tests. Please refer to the WSDAC website for a full copy of the Rulebook and Tests.
- GHWDC requires all members maintain a current Equine Liability Policy. Members will be required to show proof of a valid Equine Liability membership to be eligible to show.
- Riders do not have to have a GHWDC membership to participate in shows. However a membership must be held prior to any shows in order for the scores to count in any year end awards programs offered by the club. Any non-members will be required to pay a $20 admin fee per horse/rider combination per show. No admin fee for club members.
SDA approved helmets are mandatory at all GHWDC events.
-Welfare of the horse: every horse shall be treated with dignity and respect; any action that is deemed cruel, abusive or inhumane shall be reported to the GHWDC.
- No alcohol or illegal substances.
- No profanity.
- All shows will have a deadline date of entry specified on the entry form. GHWDC will accept changes/cancellations of entries up to the deadline date of entry. Please note that after the deadline date of entry riders will be responsible to remit payment for entries regardless of changes/cancellations made after the deadline date of entry. Riders must remit payment for fees owing to GHWDC to be allowed to show.Riders with outstanding amounts owing to GHWDC will not be allowed to show until amounts are settled.