What criteria will be used to assess the applications?
Companies will be chosen based on the content and style of their creative responses, their demostrated experience in theatre or related discipline, and the company mandate (vision statements will be accepted for ad hoc groups)
Between 8 and 10 companies will be selected to participate in the Festival.
We will judge the suitability of the applications based on the following criteria:
* the originality and clarity of ideas in the creative responses
* the demonstration of imagination and innovation in approach to the use of space in the creative responses. Some things to consider: relationship of proposed content to the space, the use of sound, audience placement/relationship to performers, creative utilization of a variety of elements in the space, the practicality of achieving the described vision
* the collective experience of the team
* a sense of play
* the company's articulation of their connection and/or contribution to Hamilton/the Hamilton arts community
* the ability to think outside the box!
The lineup of participating companies will be selected with weight given to the diversity of disciplines, a variety of proposed running times, and experience in producing site-specific work.