This form is for non-motorized outdoor clubs to apply for membership in the Federation of Mountain Clubs of BC (FMCBC). If you would like to join as an individual please complete our Individual Membership Form. If your non-profit organization would like to apply to become an Associate Member of the FMCBC please complete our Associate Membership Application Form
By joining the FMCBC, your club and its members will become connected with a group of over 5000 people from across BC, many of whom are working hard to ensure that access to quality non-motorized backcountry recreation is protected and maintained. British Columbia’s quiet, backcountry spaces are under constant threat of development and rezoning. We provide the voice which protects these spaces with non-motorized recreation interests in mind. Your membership shows that your club supports our efforts and helps to increase the strength of our voice when negotiating with commercial outdoor recreation operators, resource industry companies and government agencies.
The FMCBC is very active with committees dedicated to these purposes and encourages all clubs and club members to become involved by participating on a committee, writing letters, or contributing to our publications.
• Each Member Club holds a voting position on our Board of Directors and can contribute to decisions regarding the direction and priorities of the FMCBC
• Each Member Club qualifies to apply for club project funding through our annual FMCBC Member Club Grant Program
• Each Member Club qualifies to participate in our liability insurance program
• All members receive a monthly E-News bulletin from the FMCBC with links to current hot topics around the province
• All members receive either a hardcopy or email link to our Cloudburst newsletter and are encouraged to contribute articles that can be shared with our members across BC
The cost to join the FMCBC is $10 per club member. These membership dues go towards administration, travel costs for our directors, FMCBC projects and the production of our publications.