1. The goal of the International Student Bursary is to provide some additional financial flexibility to these students in light of the conditions they face, and that are mentioned above.
2. An International student is defined as a student who requires a student permit and/or visa in order to be enrolled in a post-secondary institution in Canada.
3. The applicant must supply the following to be eligible for this bursary:
a) A copy of a valid study permit
b) Proof that they are currently registered as a graduate international student at York University.
c) Completed application that includes a statement of need (max 500 words).
4. The maximum amount that each eligible applicant can receive is $200.00. The amount awarded to each applicant is subject to the total number of applicants and the total amount of funding available, as well as the financial need of the individual applicant.
5. Candidates will be selected through a blind review process that will be conducted by the YUGSA funding committee. First time applicants will be privileged in the adjudication of these funds. Appeals may be submitted in writing to the Funding Committee. Bursary allocations will expire and not be reissued six months after issue.
6. Only one application shall be eligible per resident.
7. Students with a loan in default from the GSA Emergency Loan Fund are ineligible for this bursary.
Please direct questions regaridng funding to email@example.com
For issues related to the form or submission contact firstname.lastname@example.org