Volunteer Code of Ethics
As a volunteer for the Vic Juba Community Theatre, I agree to adhere to this Code of Ethics at all times.
I pledge to:
1. Be on time for my volunteer shift, and provide my supervisor with as much notice as possible if I am unable to attend a given shift;
2. Abide by all written policies and guidelines provided to me – relevant to my volunteer work;
3. Accept orientation and training in order to provide quality service;
4. Accept supervision in the performance of my duties, and I will not present myself or comment to the media as an agent of theatre unless approved to do so by my supervisor;
5. Perform all assigned tasks to the best of my ability, and not report to work while under the influence of alcohol or drugs; and I will not consume alcoholic beverages from the Bar & Concession during pre-show or intermission;
6. Treat with courtesy each individual with whom I come into contact regardless of race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or national ancestry;
7. Obey all laws and regulations while volunteering for the theatre;
8. Be positive about all performances and events while at the theatre regardless of my personal opinion;
9. Bring my best skills and abilities to my volunteer work to promote the Vic Juba Community Theatre.